Photo Books

Need help with your book? You've come to the right place!

This is a public Forum  public

Topic

Billie Cooke
    adding picture borders
    Topic posted August 28, 2011 by Billie CookeNovice , last edited February 9, 2012
    3191 Views, 2 Comments
    Title:
    adding picture borders
    Summary:
    How do I add borders to pictures?
    Content:
    <p>I can't figure out how to add borders to pictures in the photobook. &nbsp;Help?</p>

Answer

• HenryB

Hi Billie,

It would be nice is you specified which path of book you are asking about. Since you haven't and you are having trouble determining how, I'm guessing you are doing a Simple Path book.

As far as I can tell, you can't add border to the pictures in a Simple Path book.

If, instead, you are doing an All New Custom Path book, the following is from the Shutterfly Help Pages where I searched on "borders":

What are Frames?

Published 01/14/2011 02:36 PM   |    Updated 05/10/2011 05:01 PM

Frames (also known as Edges in our Classic Custom Path) are borders for the photos you use in an All New Custom Path photo book. The right fame makes your photo stand out on the page, so we give you lots of choices and make it easy to use them.

To add frames to your photos, go to the Embellishments tab on your palette and select Frames; this brings up all the frames associated with the photo book style you’ve chosen. Click any frame tile to add it to every photo on your currently selected page.

You can also add frames to individual photos. Go into Customize mode, select the photo, then click on the frame you want to add. Click Apply Changes when you’re finished. Note: A frame will not be applied to a blank photo space.

Get More Frames

If you want more frames, click the Get More Frames link below the Frames palette to go to the Design Library. From here, you can browse frames by Category, or simply look at the newest additions. Select the ones you want and click Add to Project to add them to your Frames palette.

Removing Frames

To remove a frame, click None in the Frames palette. In Edit View and Arrange Viewthis will remove frames from all the photos on a page. To remove a frame from a single photo, go into Customize mode.

==============================================================================================

HenryB (A Shutterfly user)