Share Sites

Need help? You've come to the right place!

This is a public Forum  public

Topic

stephanie richardson
    reordering items on a page
    Topic posted July 30, 2009 by stephanie richardsonNovice , last edited February 9, 2012
    289 Views, 1 Comment
    Content:
    <p>My sharesite is dedicated to my daughter's soccer team. I have a page of "important links and contacts".</p>
    <p>when I add a link to the site, it goes to the top of the list. I would like to be able to re-order them in a different fashion but can not figure out how to do it.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Also the same sort of thing with the important contacts. I added a 'contact list' section and put important individuals names in there. However, it is sorting them alphabetically and I would like to sort them manually. ie: board of directions in order: pres, vp, secretary, treasurer. then trainers, etc. I don't like how they are all mixed in together. i suppose I could add various 'contact lists' but just wanted one. </p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Is there any way to re-order these items and I am just not figuring it out?????</p>

Comment

• HenryB
      If you are using a "Link" section for your important links, you should be able to move them at will. That is, single mouse click and hold on an entry. You can then drag it to the position in the list you want.

For the "Contacts" section, I could not find any way to reorder the list. The order is by last name and then first name. One possibility is to add a prefix to the last name to force a specific order such as "Home - Last Name". Another possibility is to put your contacts in a spreadsheet and sort as you like. Then, copy the list into a "Text" section on your share site. Check out http://sharecentral.shutterfly.com/forums/3/777 for details of this type of solution that was suggested for a roster issue.