Photo Books

Need help with your book? You've come to the right place!

This is a public Forum  public

Topic

Bev Anderson
    Hard Cover vs. Padded Cover
    Topic posted April 29, 2012 by Bev AndersonNovice , last edited April 30, 2012
    3585 Views, 4 Comments
    Title:
    Hard Cover vs. Padded Cover
    Summary:
    I'm undecided about choosing a hard cover or padded cover for my photobook.
    Content:

I'm very undecided about choosing my photobook cover -- hard cover or padded cover.  Is one better than the other?  I have a picture of my daughter and her fiance on the front cover.  I know the padded is a few dollars more.  Just want the one that will be the best suited.   Also, is the padded cover over the hard cover.  Very confused here.  

I'm making a 12 x 12 Wedding Photo Guestbook for my daughter's upcoming wedding.

Any help will certainly be appreciated.

Thanks

Bev

Answer

• Joey

Hi Bev,

I saw my first padded cover photo book this past October and I thought it was really neat. I tried it on a book I made for some friends and they liked it.

The padded cover is not over the hard cover. They are both different, both great qualities. I have only ordered the hard covers myself, but may have to try the padded. I looked at my friends and they seemed made well. I think both are a good choice, maybe for a wedding photo guestbook, the hard cover would be better? I have no reason why....I'm not real helpful here - either way I think you would be pleased with the hardcover or padded. The padded covers have a little cushion but I don't think anything where one could poke a pen through.

Sorry to be so wishy washy. Its more of a personal preference.

Joey
      A Shutterfly User

• Bev Anderson
         Joey...I think i'm going with the hard cover. Also, maybe you can help me or maybe not. Regarding Fonts and Text Style...I'm using a 36 & 48 font, and the text style is "Freehand". I'm using quotes on the pages where the pictures are. When I type the quotes they do fit in the text box. Just don't know if this is too big or not. Hopefully you can help me. Thanks Bev
    • Joey

Hi Bev,

36 & 48 size fonts are fairly large....you can customize this so they do fit in the text box.

Go to Customize in the lower left hand corner, once you click on that it gives you the ability to move things around as you wish. So to make a text box bigger, click on the box so its highlighted with the four corners. Then just drag it so the text fits. Be aware, though, that if text is too big or too close to the edge, it may not print and you will get an icon stating so. This has happened on a few of my books. If i move the text box over a tad to align with the blue guiding lines, you'll be good.

Hard cover is a good choice. .

Let us know if this helped or if you need more guidance.

Joey
      A Shutterfly User

• Bev Anderson
         Joey: The text does fit i the box, and I made sure it didn't hang over the blue lines. I can share it with you and you can take a look at it. What is your email address? Bev