This is a public Forum  public

Topic

Rebecca Gass
    promo code for free book
    Topic posted June 12, 2011 by Rebecca GassNovice, last edited February 9, 2012 
    9066 Views, 25 Comments
    Title:
    promo code for free book
    Summary:
    i have entered the code, made the book, but the code won't apply to the purchase
    Content:
    <p>I received a free 8x8 20 page book, so I went to the shutterfly site, entered the code, and made the book. &nbsp;Now that it is time to order the book, the promo code will not apply to the order, and it is showing me full price. &nbsp;I don't mind paying shipping and handling, but it is a pain that I have taken the time to create the book, and now the code will not work. &nbsp;</p>
    <p>It isn't expired, and the book meets all of the requirements stipulated.</p>

Comment

• HenryB

Hi Rebecca,

Please remember that this is a users' forum which is not necessarily monitored by Shutterfly personnel. That said, I found the following in the Shutterfly Help Pages which may or may not apply to you:

Required Credit Card for Gift Certificate Redemption

Published 09/26/2005 10:42 AM   |    Updated 04/25/2011 06:00 PM
      Do I need a credit card to place an order, even if the gift certificate will cover the cost of the order? My order total is 0.00 and it is asking me for a credit card, why? My balance is zero why do I need to enter a credit card?

We require a credit card for verification purposes, and to cover any charges that aren't included in the promotion. (Shipping charges, for instance, or in case you order prints outside the terms of the promotion-- such as 5x7 prints, multiple destination addresses.)

This credit card requirement is also in place to prevent abuse of our system-- e.g., ill-intentioned customers running rampant placing false orders. Having a large number of such failed orders would greatly slow down our system and increase costs. This requirement helps to ensure that orders placed with us are legitimate, and we can therefore make sure that our highest quality goes into every print. And by preventing fraud, it helps us continue to offer our very competitive prices.

If your gift certificate covers the cost of the order, and the order total is $0.00 then your credit card will not be charged. If you do place an order by check and the balance is $0.00 please contact customer service so your order can be processed in a timely manner.

=============================================================

If this dosen't answer your issue, please contact Shutterfly's Customer Service using one of the following:

http://shutterfly-2.custhelp.com/app/ask/

Email: customerservice@cs.shutterfly.com

Phone: 888.225.7159
      Monday - Friday, 6am - 5pm Pacific Time
      Saturday - Sunday, 8:30am - 5pm Pacific Time

HenryB (A Shutterfly user)

• jay henley

i did the same thing.....no answers yet ...kinda aggravated after spending all this time on it

• Glenda Hemphill

I am having the same problem. What do you do??? I worked on this and worked on it, but I can't find a solution, so I guess we want receive our free photo book.

• Lori Q.

Hello Rebecca, This happens to me from time to time. If you go to your cart and scroll down you will see a little box that says savings applied or maybe enter a code to apply to this order. Click the blue words that are a link and it takes you to all the promos that you have. then you click the box for the free 8x8 book and then recalculate at the top of the page. if your promo still does not apply you will have to contact CS. and they can add it to your cart for you. I"m so sorry this has happened to you and i do hope that you find a solution quickly.  This is not the norm for Shutterfly sometimes the system just glitches or something.

Here is the number for CS. 888.225.7159    

have a great day, lori

• Glenda Hemphill

Got the Customer Service number. Received the help I needed. Thanks.

CCD. 888.225.7159

• Fern Kurland

The same thing has happened to me. I will buy this one, but will not use Shutterfly again. Too bad because I have lots of albums I would like to make.

If they are not honoring these codes, I'm not doing business with them

• Roger (Worthy)

Fern,

I don't work for Shutterfly but I think you misread this thread.

Glenda said:

Got the Customer Service number. Received the help I needed. Thanks.

She's happy why don't you do the same and also be happy?

Roger A Shutterfly User.

• Fern Kurland

Thank you, Roger. I will call tomorrow, but it won't help because my time expires tonight at 11:49 p.m. Cannot even get to the thread which was described above.

• Lori Q.

Hello Fern,

I can assure you that Shutterfly will honor the code even if it is expired. Shutterfly CS is exceptional. Shutterfly is a 100% consumer oriented company and they go above and beyond to satisfy there customers.

For example , I found a code on my desk. It had expired two weeks prior. I called CS and they put the code in my account giving me a month to complete my book.

Plz call and I know you will be very happy.

Have a great night,

Lori a Shutterfly user

• Fern Kurland

Thank you, Lori. I now have hope. It took me so long to get the hang of it and then to have this happen I became so frustrated. I will call them as soon as I get home from work tomorrow.

• Christine SHIREMAN

Same problem and I spent all night on it! Very frustrating!

• elana Rayas

yes im having the exact problem how do i fix it or is it on your sistem

• Kathleen W.

Hi Elana:  Please see the posts from Henry, LoriQ, and Shannon earlier in this thread.  You can either try Shannon's suggestion, or contact Customer Service directly to get assistance: 

Email: customerservice@cs.shutterfly.com

Phone: 888.225.7159
      Monday - Friday, 6am - 5pm Pacific Time
      Saturday - Sunday, 8:30am - 5pm Pacific Time

Good luck!

• Holly Freeman

I was offerred a free 8x8 photo book, but was charged an extra $4.95 for a Story Telling page, whch I did not put in the book and could not find to delete. I am still trying to get a rep to help me, to no avail.

• Shannon

Hi Holly,

It looks like you created a new book with regular content (non-StoryTelling) and have ordered the book. Let us know if you need any other help.

• Sandy Crosby

I ALSO GOT A PROMO CODE FOR A FREE 8X8 HARD COVER 20 PAGE PHOTO BOOK IN AN EMAIL. I MADE MY PHOTO ALBUM  AND IT DID NOT APPLY AS CREDIT. WHY IS IT NOT WORKING. i HAVE JUST TRANSFERED MY PICTURES FROM KODAK GALLERY AND I AM NOT HAPPY WITH MY SERVICE.

arvellandsandy@msn.com

• Shannon

Hi Sandy,

Did you get an error message when you tried to enter the code? Any info you can give us would be helpful.

• Sandy Crosby

I re-entered my order and put the code # in for free 8x8 book and it did give me the credit for a free book. I am waiting for it to be delivered about sept. 20-sept. 28. Thank you for you prompt response to my e-mail and I am looking forward to getting my photo album.

arvellandsandy@msn,com

• ThousandWords

I agree that for promo codes, it's helpful to contact customer service because they have helped me in the past. For example, when I entered a code, the system wouldn't accept it, so I contacted customer service, and they were able to give me credit for a free photo book. Their live chat is also helpful.

• Linda Hardesty

Hi all,

I have been reading all the post's with questions and the answers that have been given. All of you who have been giving your help are "awesome"! Tomorrow I plan on calling the company because I too had a problem last night. I spent lots and lots of time putting in the pictures and figuring it all out and then my husband needed the computer and I let him have it and I just minimized my page and when I came back somehow it didn't save it. After my husband was done I found that out so started again and this time after a lot of time I had it looking pretty good and somehow pushed a wrong button and it was gone again, so frustrating but I know now that you have to save it to hold the pictures in the pages where you want them so pretty sure I won't make that mistake again but I missed the special on the free book also. Like one of you said they may still give me the free book when I tell them what happen so I appreciate it that I now have hopes of getting it because it was going to be a gift for my son. I also will be ordering more for my other sons but this one had his honeymoon trip on it. Thank you all for helping and with so much detail too.

LindaSmile