This is a public Forum  public

Topic

Donna Leonardo
    calendar is wrong year!!! how to change without losing all...
    Topic posted December 5, 2011 by Donna LeonardoNovice, last edited February 9, 2012 
    2740 Views, 9 Comments
    Title:
    calendar is wrong year!!! how to change without losing all the work?
    Summary:
    I did a calendar and realized it is 2011 not 2012
    Content:
    <p>&nbsp;How can I change the year without losing all my work????</p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>Help!!!</p>

Comment

• HenryB

Hi Donna,

I think you need to contact Shutterfly Customer Service about this.

The only thing I saw was a change date link on the "Style" tab. This indeed let me change the starting date for the calendar. However, it removed all photos from the calendar and put them back in the picture strip with the exception of the cover. Thus, you may not want to try this unless you make a copy before trying.

HenryB (A Shutterfly user)

• Jeff Rezer

I had the same thing happen to me - a 2012 calendar was created but we forgot to change the start year so it still said 2011. Customer support gave me a "helpful" workaround that didn't work for my case... the whole idea was that you can create a copy, then change to an 18-month calendar, reorder the months and then switch back to 12 months. Unfortunately, in order to do so, you need the PREVIOUS year as an option for the "Change the Date" dropdown, which isn't available in this case (2011). If that option was still there, it might be a valid solution.

• David Billick

Same problem.... wanted to reuse setup from last year but changing to a new starting year zapped ALL the work.  How lame is that!

• Jordan Sileo

I have figured out the solution to this problem!

Before you start, Save the current project as a new project so that you have a backup for those "oh ***" moments.

1. Change your calendar from 12 months to 18 months
      2. Check to make sure your current work did not disappear. If it did, open your backup and repeat the "Before you Start" step.
      3. Change the start date of your calendar to include the 6 months prior to your desired 12 months: e.g. Choose March 2014 for a September 2014-start calendar that is suppose to actually be 2013.
      4. Go to arange pages and move your corresponding months from the back end to the front end. So for my example, March 2015 through August 2015 will be moved to the corresponding months for 2014.
      5. Repeat Step 3 and 4. So for my example I changed the start month to September 2013, which is what I originally wanted, and moved the months to their rightful places; e.g. Sept 2014 was moved to Sept 2013 and so on.
      6. Change your calendar back to a 12 month calendar
      7. Save your progress and gasp a sigh of relief. Text sizes may be messed up for some odd reason. Mine did, anyways

The reason that the work is erased is because the system treats every month as it's own distinct entity. So while my calendar was Sept 2014 -2015, and the change should be as simple as changing the numbers in the year, September 2013 is it's own entity that was never filled in.

And if you're starting with an 18 month calendar and *** up the dates, may God have mercy on your soul, cause I don't think you can fix that :D

Hope this helps everyone!

• deborah frishberg

Thank you so very much, you saved me a ton of work. For me step 3 was even easier. I hope I am remembering correctly but I think I just made the calendar 18 months, everything moved in and then I simply went back and made it a 12 month calendar starting Jan 2014 and all of my 2013  went in.

Kudos to you!

• Cassie Roth

Thank you! Thank you! Thank You!!!  You saved me hours of hard work. 

• Beth Cash

You are brilliant and helpful beyond belief! Thanks for sharing. My 2013 calendar is now a 2014 calendar.

• Rebecca Clark

Thanks for posting!  Corrected my issue, ended up losing one month, but east to recreate 1 versus 12!  Thaaaaank You!

• TAPAN BHATT

I am not sure if  I am doing correctly but its not working for mesad