This is a public Forum  public

Topic

Rabiah Mohammed
    Uploading photos problems
    Topic posted August 24, 2011 by Rabiah MohammedNovice , last edited February 9, 2012
    2658 Views, 1 Comment
    Title:
    Uploading photos problems
    Summary:
    Trouble to upload pics
    Content:

Is anyone else having this problem? Whenever I try to upload pics using any of the options (classic upload, shutterfly express or other) I keep encountering problems which almost always ends up in my uploads not going through.

Any suggestions?

Comment

• HenryB

I just uploaded 47 pics with an average size of 500 KB each without issue using the default uploader. Thus, the question is how big are your files and how many are you trying to upload at a time? Also, what browser are you using? I'm using Firefox 6.

If you search the Shutterfly Help Pages for "Uploading", you will find the following:

Upload errors / difficulty adding images

Published 10/04/2005 04:17 PM   |    Updated 08/23/2011 05:01 PM

We design our upload process to be as smooth as possible. If you are experiencing difficulties in uploading your images, here are some things to try:

• Make sure you are uploading from a system that meets all of our system requirements, and has an adequate internet connection.
      • Temporarily disable internet filtering applications such as pop-up blockers, ad blockers, and firewall applications (such as ZoneAlarm, McAfee, or Norton Internet Security).
      • If you are uploading many images, try them in smaller batches. For instance, try one image using the one-by-one method.
      • Make sure that the images are in JPG format and in the RGB or sRGB colorspace (and not the CMYK colorspace). In Photoshop, make sure they are saved as Baseline Standard and not Progressive.
      • Make sure that folder and file names are short and don't contain special characters. Ideally, they should just contain letters, numbers, hyphens (-) and underscores (_) and not characters such as ",%*/&!|$@{^`.

If you've tried the above and are still experiencing difficulty, you can contact Shutterfly Customer Service and we can better assist you. Please have the following information ready to help us troubleshoot your problem:

• Your computer platform: PC or Mac
      • The operating system installed: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X v10.6, etc.
      • The web browser and version number: Internet Explorer 7.0, Firefox 5.0, Safari 2.0, etc.
      • What ISP you are using: AOL, RoadRunner, Comcast
      • Your type of connection: DSL, cable, dial-up, wireless
      • Which upload method are you using: one-by-one, Shutterfly Express Uploader, iPhoto, etc.
      • Are you using or behind a firewall, or have firewall software installed.

In addition, any information describing exactly what you are experiencing is very useful. For instance: Does the screen freeze? Does the browser quit? Does this happen only when you are trying to upload, or does it happen at other times? Have you tried uploading with any other computers (e.g. from work/home, or a different computer at work)? Have you tried uploading with a different browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox,

==============================================================================

If the suggestions above do not help, please contact Shutterfly's Customer Service.

HenryB (A Shutterfly user)