This is a public Forum  public

Topic

Susan Welch
    Moving photos from one account to another
    Topic posted October 10, 2010 by Susan WelchNovice, last edited February 9, 2012 
    5148 Views, 4 Comments
    Title:
    Moving photos from one account to another
    Summary:
    Need to know if I can move photos from one account to another.
    Content:
    <p>I have two shutterfly accounts under two different emails.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 99% off my photos are in one account and 1% is under the other.&nbsp; It is only 150 photos, but I would like to move them so I can create some albums mixing the photos.&nbsp;&nbsp; Can anyone help me out?</p>

Comment

• HenryB

The answer is "Yes" in that you can copy the photos. However, the method depends on whether you are talking about photos in a "My Shutterfly" album or a share site album.

If it's a "My Shutterfly" album, you want to open the album on your account with the photos and mark the photos you want to copy. Then, press the "Share" button as shown here:

The next window will ask if you want to send an email or copy to a share site. In this case, select the email option and send it to your other account ID. This only sends a link to an album which contains the selected photos. When you receive the email, open the link and log into your second account if not already logged in. You should see something like the following:

Click on the "Save to my account" link. This gives you a window where you can create a new album or save to an existing album. As far as I can tell, the files are copied as is without changes to either pictures or file size.

If the photos are on a share site, make sure that your site has  proper rights assigned with the "Who can order and save pictures or photo books" option of the "Advanced" tab of the "Change site permissions" window. Log into the site using your second account ID and click on the "Save pictures" link under the album if in the "Thumbnail"view or the "Save pictures" option from the album "Edit" menu. This will give you the option to select the pictures to save along with an "All" option. Once pictures are selected, you will be given an option to create a new album or use an existing album from your "My Shutterfly" albums. Click the "Save" button to save the pictures to your second account.

• Roger (Worthy)

This is a particularly good post Henry. Well done.

I'm just going to add these comments to the thread so I can find it again using the search facility.

Copy pictures from My Shutterfly to another My Shutterfly account.

Copy pictures from a Share Site to My Shutterfly.

I think that's what you have described.

Roger

• cindy hartman

I cannot find my pictures. How do I get them?

• HenryB

Hi Cindy,

Please provide more information such as what pictures are you looking for? Are you looking for Kodak pictures? If so, please review the Kodak Information Page.

I found the following in the Kodak FAQ:

When will my Kodak Gallery photos appear in my Shutterfly account?

We will begin moving photos as quickly as possible once Kodak Gallery closes at noon Pacific Time on July 2, 2012.  The overall process will take several months, but we are working to reduce the time required to move active accounts.  If you have recently uploaded or ordered from your Kodak Gallery account, your photos will be some of the first to move.  We don't have exact estimates yet, but we hope photos from active Kodak Gallery accounts will appear in Shutterfly accounts within 2-4 weeks after July 2.  You will receive an email with instructions about accessing your photos once they are available in your Shutterfly account.

This photo migration will be a massive undertaking, involving the movement of billions of photos, and we want to make sure we handle everything with the utmost care.  We will be migrating thousands of users every day, and we appreciate your patience during this process.

If you don’t have local copies and need quicker access to your photos, we suggest that you download them or purchase a DVD through your Kodak Gallery account prior to July 2, 2012.  You can then upload your photos to your Shutterfly account and start using them without waiting for them to be moved.  For more information about uploading photos to Shutterfly, click here.

========================================================================

On a different note, it's bad practice to add an unrelated question to an existing posting.

Finally, please remember that this is a users' forum which means that it is mostly monitored by other Shutterfly users and not Shutterfly personnel. As a Shutterfly user, I do not have any other rights than you which means that I cannot see your account. For question requiring specific account information, please contact Shutterfly's Customer Service.

HenryB (A Shutterfly user)