Photo Books

Need help with your book? You've come to the right place!

This is a public Forum  public

Topic

Gayle Maupin
    Printing 12 x 12 photo book created in Storybook...
    Topic posted March 23, 2011 by Gayle MaupinNovice 
    1035 Views, 5 Comments
    Title:
    Printing 12 x 12 photo book created in Storybook Creator+ 3.0????
    Summary:
    Do I need to do anything special to a layout I created in Storybook Creator 3.0 before I upload to Shutterfly?
    Content:
    <p>I created a 12 x 12 photobook in Creative Memories' Storybook Creator+ 3.0 that I want to have printed at Shutterfly. Do I need to do anything special to the layouts and cover (besides convert to jpegs) before uploading to Shutterfly to ensure that the double page layouts will line up properly? The last photo book I created in PSE and, using the advice of Yin at <a href="http://simplyyin.blogspot.com/2009/02/printing-double-pages-on-shutterfly.html">www.simplyyin.blogspot.com</a>, I adjusted the layouts and they were lined up almost perfectly.</p>
    <p>Does anyone have any experience with this?&nbsp;</p>
    <p>Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!</p>
    <p>Gayle M.</p>

Answer

• Star Geisz

I would really like to see an answer to this question - especially in light of CM's recent demise.  I believe that Shutterfly used to print photos for CM, and I'm wondering if they also printed all of CM's photo books.

• Lisa Bazis

https://getsatisfaction.com/panstoria/topics/how_do_i_print_a_photobook_online_using_services_such_as_shutterfly_or_snapfish

If you create the book in Storybook you need to do a 'save as' multiple pages to a specific folder.  i create a folder for each story book.

then i create the blank album in shutterfly.  add the extra pages i need.  then make the first page the single full page picture template.  then apply that to the rest of the book.

then import your pictures (the pages you exported)

they automatically load in the right order.

way cheaper than cm printing as well!

• Leslie Brandow

I'm getting ready to print a book using pages I made in Storybook. But I'm worried  because the quality doesn't look very good from the web browser. I exported the pages the highest quality and previewed the pages on my computer and they look great - crisp and clear. But in the album on shutterfly, they look a bit grainy and the words are blurry. There is no way to zoom in the check quality. I want to order tomorrow to take advantage of the sale, but I'm wondering if I should just go with Panstoria even though it cost a lot more. It will still be $100 on Shutteryfly, so I'm not sure what to do. Any advice?

• Gayle Maupin

Hi, everyone! I had forgotten I had asked this question! I should have come back and posted about my experience. I did exactly as Leslie described and saved each of my pages as a JPEG and then uploaded them all to shutterfly. I thenprinted a 12x12 and 8x8 version of my SBC book at Shutterfly and both turned out great. The quality was just fine and definitely worth the money. Could the pages have been more crisp? Yes, but I'm hard to please when it comes to that. One thing I really like about shutterfly is that I've never had to worry about the gutter and trim. The pages that you see are the pages you're going to get. I've since printed at two other photo book companies and that was not the case. I hope that helps! Good luck!

• KWEIT

What other companies did you print from?  Were you able to have photos spread across 2 pages with the method described above?