Tips & Tricks

Tips & Tricks of using Shutterfly

This is a public Forum  public

Topic

Member 6596338
    How can I download pictures to my computer from my share...
    Topic posted January 2, 2010 by Member 6596338Novice, last edited February 9, 2012 
    10494 Views, 2 Comments
    Content:

Comment

• HenryB
      The following is from the Shutterfly Help pages:

Can I download my pictures from Shutterfly?

Currently, we do not have full resolution downloading available. However, we do have an Archive DVD service that you can order which contains full resolution copies of your pictures. The images on an Archive DVD will not include any of the Shutterfly enhancements or rotations that have been applied to an image loaded to Shutterfly.  You can order an Archive DVD here: http://www.shutterfly.com/custom-photo-products/image-services/archive-dvds?c=10182&p=2017

If you wish to download a print-quality copy of a photo, you can do so through our Share Sites.  Please note that this is not a full resolution download of the image, but just a 1600x1200 copy of the original image.   This should be sufficient resolution for prints up to and including 8x10.

Downloading images can only happen when viewing a single image and with a Shutterfly account.  To do so, sign into your Shutterfly account and click the "Download this picture" link on the right of the image and follow the instructions.  Although there is no limit to the number of photos visitors may download, each image must be downloaded individually.  We do not currently offer any batch downloading.

Answer ID  181
      Last Updated 12/04/2009 03:10 PM

As stated above, look for the download link to the right of the photo in the single photo view as shown here:

• Roger Worthington

Yes. If you go to the album you want and click on a photo  and when it displays edit > Download this picture

The resolution you get on your downloaded picture will be low.

Can I ask why you want to do this if you have already uploaded them from your own computer?

If you are trying to download other peoples photos them you should ask them if it's OK to copy them and then maybe ask them to e-mail a high resolution image to you.

Roger