Topic

Dianne Pollard
    downloading in .jpeg or gif format to my computer
    Topic posted August 10, 2012 by Dianne PollardNovice 
    10759 Views, 8 Comments
    Title:
    downloading in .jpeg or gif format to my computer
    Summary:
    I have 5 albums sitting in Shutterfly that I would love to get on my computer in a useful form such as jpeg or gif.
    Content:
    <p>I was a Kodak user and now Shutterfly has all my albums. &nbsp;I need to download them in jpeg or even gif format so I can use them as I please. &nbsp;Thanks</p>

Answer

• HenryB

Hi Dianne,

If you search the Shutterfly Help Pages for "download", you'll find the following article which are currently your only options:

Downloading images: options available (Archive DVD, Share site download, Shutterfly for iPad)

Published 09/22/2005 08:30 AM   |    Updated 05/04/2012 04:46 PM

How can I download images from Shutterfly?

Currently, we do not offer full-resolution downloading. However, we do have three methods by which you can get digital copies of pictures: Archive DVDs, Share Site Downloading, and the Shutterfly for iPad app. Use the option that best suits your needs: Archive DVDs take some time to process and ship, but can contain many images at full-resolution. Downloads are lower-resolution and done individually but are available immediately. A comparison of the two:

Archive DVD

Download from a Shutterfly Share site

Download from Shutterfly for iPad app

What it is:

A DVD of full-resolution copies of pictures.

Download individual pictures from a Shutterfly Share site.  

Download individual pictures from within the Shutterfly for iPad app.

How many pictures:

The DVD can contain up to thousands of pictures.

There is no limit to the number of photos you can download, but each image must be downloaded individually. We currently do not offer batch downloading

There is no limit to the number of photos you can download, but each image must be downloaded individually. We currently do not offer batch downloading.

Resolution available:

Pictures on the DVD are full-resolution

Pictures are print-quality but not full-resolution. Downloads are a 1600x1200 copy, which is sufficient for printing up to and including 8x10.

Pictures are print-quality but not full-resolution. Downloads are a 1600x1200 copy, which is sufficient for printing up to and including 8x10.

How long does it take:

Generally ships within two days of order, then time in transit depends on the shipping method

Immediate

Immediate

Cost:

Based on number of pictures, starting at $9.99+ shipping and handling

No cost; requires a free Shutterfly account, and the pictures must be on a free Shutterfly Share Site.

No cost; requires a free Shutterfly account, and the pictures must be in the account already.

How to get it:

• Available in the Shutterfly Store (Store --> More Products --> See all products --> Archive DVD)
      • Or use this direct link: Archive DVD

See instructions below.

See instructions here

To download an image from a Shutterfly Share Site:

1. View a picture on a Shutterfly Share Site; click the thumbnail to view the full-size image.
      2. Mouseover the full-size image to see a drop-down menu, shown below.
      3. Click the "Download picture" option in the drop-down menu. You will be prompted to sign in to your Shutterfly account if you are not already. A 1600x1200 copy of the picture will be downloaded to your computer.

graphic showing location of menu     

detail of graphic

HenryB (A Shutterfly user)

• Paul Nicholson

I dont get the drop down box with the "download picture" - the screen does not look the same as in these instructions - HELP

• M P

The above screenshot is of a Share Site, if you have not yet created one, then click here.

• Swap 'da Cop

Paul, it is also possible that you are not the owner/ member of that share site. I'm guessing you are a visitor to that site and the Owner of the site has restricted the permissions such that Visitors cannot download pictures from the site. Contact the share site owner so that he can give you necessary permissions.

• Jean Higgins

My situation: a friend shared a shutterfly album with me. I wanted to download pictures from the album for digital scrapbooking. There was no option to download the pictures so I did the following:

1. copied the pictures to a new album on my account. Still no option to download the pictures.

2. this seemed wrong so I checked one of my existing albums (created by me so no permission issues); no download button there either.

2. created a shared site from the new album on my account and put all the pictures in it.

3. from the shared site I now <finally> have the download button.

Really? Is this what is required?

I'm a huge shutterfly fan. I have a bunch of shared sites (I  set up a bunch for high school sports). I create and order 2-3 photobooks every year. I have hundreds of my pictures on shutterfly but this was REALLY confusing.

• TAPAN BHATT

Yes, Jean. As, said by MP in his above post the screenshot of the "Download picture" option is on Share Site. When you download the picture from the share site the resolution of your picture will be 1600x1200.