Share Sites

Need help? You've come to the right place!

This is a public Forum  public

Topic

Greg Hanley
    How to download all of my photos in an album back to my PC
    Topic posted September 15, 2010 by Greg HanleyJunior Member , last edited February 9, 2012
    10011 Views, 6 Comments
    Content:
    Hi guys

Is there a way to "bulk" download an entire album from my Shutterfly site back to my PC?

Thanks for your help
    Regards
    Greg

Comment

• Roger Worthington

I don't think so Greg. Even if there was, then the resolution would be poor.

It begs the question that if you uploaded them all in the first place why do you want to download them now?

The only thing I know you can do is to order a CD of the high res images from Shutterffly.

Henry knows how to do this. http://sharecentral.shutterfly.com/forums/4/1549

Roger

• Joey

Greg,

like Roger mention you could probably make a CD of your pictures that are all on yur Share Site. Then they will be in high-resolution.

Hope this helps.
      Joey

• Greg Hanley
      Hi guys

Yep, I do backup religiously everyday as I have 4 tb of disk space that I use just for backing up.

The problem happened is that I decided to catalogue all our our family photos and videos and put them all into meaningful chronological order etc using Picasa (which I must say is fantastic). I have a little over 22,000 photos and videos......

I still have the originals of the stuff that I uploaded to Shutterfly but these are but about 150 of about 500 photos that I have for the holiday and whilst I can manually sort through them again, I was hoping that there was a quicker method.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards
      Greg
    • Greg Hanley
      Oh, and I forgot to add that I live in Sydney Australia...:)
    • Joey

Greg, Roger is an Aussie too!!

I use picasa and really love it. It helps me organize photos. Speaking of backing up, I too, need to get mine backed up!

I wish we knew of a quicker method for you, Greg.

Good luck,

Joey

• TonetteB

This is a great question Greg. I know you can download individual photos from a sharesite but I often wondered if you could download mass quanities of photos from Shutterfly to your PC. I know I upload to my PC then to my Shutterfly account. After I do a photobook with those photos then usually delete them from my PC. Then I always regret it after they are deleted. I don't have a ton of memory on my PC and I take thousands of photos. If I want to upload I have to delete old photos.

Its good info to know Roger and Joey. I have put tons of photos on CD through Shutterfly when they had the CD's on sale. Its always good to have back up!

Good luck Greg!