Cards & Stationery

Need help? You've come to the right place!

This is a public Forum  public

Topic

Becky McElvain
    Can I Upload my Own DesignAnswered
    Topic posted December 13, 2010 by Becky McElvainNovice, last edited February 9, 2012 
    5716 Views, 5 Comments
    Title:
    Can I Upload my Own Design
    Content:
    <p>I designed my own card in photoshop. How do I order that as a 5x7 flat photo card with envelopes? All I can see is shutterfly's templates. Can I&nbsp; use my own design?</p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>Thanks,<br />Becky</p>

Best Answer

BarbaraJ

I digi scrap many of my cards for my kids and save as a JPG at 300dpi.  I upload to Shutterfly just like you would a picture. I use PSE which is Photoshop Elements.  There are many other Digital editing software.  This is more reasonable and works fine for me.  Shutterfly has templates just for Digital cards, pages, and books.

Go to http://www.shutterfly.com/digital-scrapbooking

Answer

• HenryB

As far as I know, the answer is "No". If there is a single photo per page layout, you could fill the page with your designed if it is saved in a "jpg" format. This works with photo books and calendars. However, I don't see a card layout for a full card photo.

Please keep in mind that this is a users' forum which is not necessarily monitored regularly by Shutterfly personnel.

If you would like additional card layouts, please use the "Send us feedback" which is on the bottom of the card design window.

• Teresa Blevins

There is a way to design your own card.  You can only upload three sides of the card if it is folded and they do offer a flat option.  You have to go to the Scrapbooking area instead of the Greeting Card area.

• BarbaraJ

I digi scrap many of my cards for my kids and save as a JPG at 300dpi.  I upload to Shutterfly just like you would a picture. I use PSE which is Photoshop Elements.  There are many other Digital editing software.  This is more reasonable and works fine for me.  Shutterfly has templates just for Digital cards, pages, and books.

Go to http://www.shutterfly.com/digital-scrapbooking

• michael nelson

Barbara is right!  Just pick your card size and download a template.  I've done it for a few years and it is so fun!

Another trick to getting to the blank area for uploading your card jpg files is:

~ Go to main Shutterfly home page.

~ On upper menu choose "Occassions" and from under Occassions choose "Digital Scrapbooking"...then you will get a screen of all kinds of products that allow you to upload your own design!  It is incredibly fun and rewarding!  Good luck and let us know if you need any more help!

Michael

• Ann Abbott

There are cards.... I just found it this weekend from the Shutterfly Digi scrap book blog.  I was looking for the templates for the cover of a 12x12 book I just finished and fell upon the cards... flat and folded....  so cool