Share Sites

Need help? You've come to the right place!

This is a public Forum  public

Topic

St Johns Kenton
    Shutterfly Calendar
    Topic posted January 21, 2010 by St Johns KentonNovice, last edited March 12, 2012 
    3232 Views, 19 Comments
    Content:
    How do I export my Shutterfly calendar into a Google calendar?<br /><br /><br />When I click on download and open the Events.ics file the calendar moves into my home system Outlook calendar with no problem.<br /><br />I need to be able to explain to multiple users how to open my share site calendar as a member and import the whole calendar onto their system calendar.<br /><br />

Comment

• Karen Rock

Did you ever figure it out?

• HenryB

To export a Shutterfly calendar to a Google calendar:

1. Click on the "options" menu for the calendar and choose the "Export calendar..." option.
      2. Click on the "Download" button and pay attention to the file name and the location of the downloaded file. What you see depends somewhat on the browser you are using. Usually the file will be in a "download" directory.
      3. Log into your Google calendar.
      4. From the "My Calendar" list, choose the desired destination calendar.
      5. Click on the "Settings" link under the calendar list.
      6. Click on the "Import Calendar" link which is about in the middle of the window.
      7. Click on the "Choose File" button to browse the computer for the file created in step 2 above.
      8. Click on the "Import" button to complete the process.

To import to a Shutterfly calendar on another site:

1. Log into the source calendar site.
      2. Create the export file on your local coputer as in steps 1 & 2 above.
      3. Log into the destination calendar site.
      4. From the calendar's "options" menu, choose the "Import calendar..." option.
      5. Click on the "Choose File" button and browse for the file created in step 2.
      6. Click on the "Import Calendar File" button to complete the import.

I did all the steps on my test sites and they seemed very straight forward. The only pitfall I see is if the user is not familiar with finding specific files on a computer.

• Misty Barry

I just want to input data on the calendar. I don't see an option to do so. I did not set the team website up, so does that mean I can not enter any information? Help!! :) 

• HenryB

Hi Misty,

If you click on a calendar date (or click on the "Add event" link), a data entry window opens as shown here:

Since you didn't create the site, it depends on the permissions you have. At a minimum, you have to "Contribute" rights at the calendar level as shown here:

If you do not have these rights, please contact the site owner to request them.

HenryB (A Shutterfly user)

• Darcy O

I started up a share site for my daughter's basketball team last year, but now a new parent rep will be taking over.  I have given her permission to "contribute" as in the screenshot above, but she is still not able to add events to the calendar.  It seems she can contribute elsewhere on the site, just not the calendar. 

In the meantime, I have changed her role from "member" to "owner" so that she can do everything on the site that I'm able to do, but what step am I missing from the tip given by Henry.  Please advise.  Thank you!!

• Roger (Worthy)

I think you will need to give her the permission to edit to allow her to add and change events in a calendar.

Often it's better to set up a new Role for an Assistant Owner or Administrator. Customize > Edit Site Permissions > Add New Role and then change you daughters Role to this new Role.

See attached screen shot for my Administrator permissions.

Roger. A Shutterfly User.

• Darcy O

Thanks for the screenshot Roger!  In the "Role" column, I put her email address into that box and she does have the same 4 boxes checked off as you've shown (view, comment, edit, & contribute).  However, she still wasn't able to add events to the calendar.  Should I not put her email address in that "Role" box but something else??

• Roger (Worthy)

Hi Darcy,

If you have set up the new role, it doesn't really matter what you call it. I called it Administrator.

Go to Members > Show Members List and find your daughters entry.

You will find that her role is probably Member. Select the new role (admiinistrator) to replace this from the drop down memu.

Then she should be able to do almost everything. Laughing

Roger.

• Darcy O

Hi Roger,

I've set-up a new "administrator" role and changed her status from member to administrator, but she's still not able to able to add events to the calendar?  From what I can tell, she seems to be able to do everything else, just not the calendar?  Thank you for helping me figure this out!

• Roger (Worthy)

And, the Administrator Role has the attributes in my earlier attachment?

If so, all you can now do is to give her the final Customize Permission and see what happens then.

If it still doesn't work then you will need to contact Shutterfly Customer Support : http://shutterfly-2.custhelp.com/app/ask

and give them the link of this thread: http://forums.shutterfly.com/posts/b2c9375715

Regards

• Roger (Worthy)

Henry,

Do you agree with what I'm saying here? I've been out celebrating the first day of Spring, as you do, and I wonder if I'm with the fairies at the moment?

I have made resolutions not to do this in the past, but, Oh well.

Thanks

Roger

• HenryB

Hi Roger,

Yes, I agree. It's really weird. It's almost like she is using a different ID than the one with the new role and permissions.

Hi Darcy,

The only thing I can think of is to check the permissions at both the page level and the calendar section level. For page, go to the page of the calendar and choose the "Edit page permissions..." from the "Customize" menu. For the calendar section, choose "Edit section..." from the "options" menu for the section and click on the "Permissions" tab.

Additionally, if you have been testing this by switching views, please have her test it directly.

If all is fine, then CS is the way to go.

HenryB (A Shutterfly user)

• Geraldine Hess
       If somebody imports a calendar to their own calendar (on google or apple for instance) will they receive changes or just always see it as it originally was? In other words is it a subscription or a simple one time "import"?
    • Roger (Worthy)

It is just imported once.

• Carolyn LaVere

I subscribe to a calendar but when the event is added to my personal calendar,  the event shows a 2 hour time difference (IE. if the event is 5:30 on the shutterfly calendar, it shows as 7:30 on my calendar) Has anyone experienced this? Any fix? 

Thanks,

Carolyn