This is a public Forum  public

Topic

Amy Hicks
    PDF page for photobook
    Topic posted January 31, 2011 by Amy HicksNovice , last edited February 9, 2012
    5693 Views, 3 Comments
    Title:
    PDF page for photobook
    Summary:
    Upload a pdf to be placed into photobook?
    Content:
    <p>I am trying to make a book for my child's 1st grade class.&nbsp; Each child has written a page/drawn a picture which I would like to include in the book on a page opposite photos of that child.&nbsp; However, I can't figure out how to upload pdf documents to shutterfly and then to include them in a photobook.&nbsp; Any suggestions?</p>

Comment

• michael nelson

Hi Amy! 

It is my understanding that for Shutterfly files have to be in .jpg format -- the format used for most photographs. Is there any chance you could save those files as .jpg or .jpeg files? Then you can upload them just like any photograph!  Smile

If you haven't scanned and created the pdfs yet, you could just scan them on the setting that saves files as .jpg files.  If you have image editing software (e.g. I use Photoshop Elements) you can open a PDF document and then do a "save as" and choose the .jpg extension instead of .pdf.

Others who have had this issue may be able to add some more tips or advice also!

I did something similar when we did a book for my daughter's second grade teacher before she got married.  Each child wrote down "marriage advice" and then we added a photo.  We scanned the advice and saved it as .jpg files.  I didn't post in the gallery because other peoples children were in the book, but if you'd like to see it, I could share it with you.  You can reply here or email me at michael@memorystardust.com and I'll send you a link.  Or if this doesn't get you where you need to go, please don't hesistate to ask for more clarification!

What an exciting project to do for the class! So kind and creative of you!!!

Michael N.

• Jenette

If you already have generated the pdfs you can either print and scan them as pictures instead of as a documents to save to the proper format for uploading or doing a conversion tool like this website suggests depending on what is easier for you:

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/how-to-convert-a-pdf-file-to-word-excel-or-jpg-format/

• Ann Abbott

Great idea...  I have also taken photographs of art work to put in a book for one of my daughter's teacher.  Then you can upload it from

your camera...  easy.