Topic

Bridget Chase
    Download photo in shutterfly to another website
    Topic posted May 27, 2012 by Bridget ChaseNovice , last edited May 27, 2012
    7595 Views, 3 Comments
    Title:
    Download photo in shutterfly to another website
    Summary:
    Is it possible to take a shutterfly photo and download it to the Caringbridge website?
    Content:
    <p>I want to include a photo from Shutterfly onto a the Caringbridge website. Up until now I have taken photos from my computer and uploaded them to Caringbridge.&nbsp; Not sure if I need to purchase the photo.&nbsp; I don't want a hard copy.&nbsp; I want digital jpg.&nbsp; Can't seem to find anyting on the shutterfly help site.&nbsp; I'm sure I am just not looking in the right places.&nbsp; Any help would be greatly appreciated. Molly B</p>

Comment

• HenryB

Hi Bridget,

It really depends on how you want to add the photo to the other website. If you want to add the actual photo to that site, it's best to just upload it from your computer to that website. However, by the way you ask this question, it sounds as if you no longer have a copy of the photo on your computer (see more on this below).

Another way to put the photo on the other web site is just to load the URL address for the picture on Shutterfly. Currently, you can get an absolute URL for any photo in your account (My Pictures tab). However, I've only been able to get a relative URL for pictures on a Shutterfly share site.

Thus, assuming you want a photo from an album on your "My Pictures" page, you can get the URL by locating the photo and double clicking on it to put it in the enlarged view mode. Once there, you right mouse click on the photo and the next step depends on your browser as shown here:

Firefox: Choose the "Copy image location" option.

Google Chrome: Choose the "Copy image URL" option.

IE: Choose "Properties" and copy the "Address (URL)".

Since this is an absolute URL, the address can always find the photo from anywhere on the net. Here's an example of one of my photos:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a1d700b3127ccefe7fe67bae9b00000010O08AcOGLJk4aOAe3nwI/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

As stated above, if you want to upload the actual photo to the other web site instead of the Shutterfly URL for the photo, your best bet is to upload it from your computer. If you no longer have it on your computer, your options are limited. If you search the Shutterfly Help Pages for "download", you will find the following article:

Downloading images: options available (Archive DVD, Share site download, Shutterfly for iPad)

Published 09/22/2005 08:30 AM   |    Updated 05/04/2012 04:46 PM

How can I download images from Shutterfly?

Currently, we do not offer full-resolution downloading. However, we do have three methods by which you can get digital copies of pictures: Archive DVDs, Share Site Downloading, and the Shutterfly for iPad app. Use the option that best suits your needs: Archive DVDs take some time to process and ship, but can contain many images at full-resolution. Downloads are lower-resolution and done individually but are available immediately. A comparison of the two:

Archive DVD

Download from a Shutterfly Share site

Download from Shutterfly for iPad app

What it is:

A DVD of full-resolution copies of pictures.

Download individual pictures from a Shutterfly Share site.  

Download individual pictures from within the Shutterfly for iPad app.

How many pictures:

The DVD can contain up to thousands of pictures.

There is no limit to the number of photos you can download, but each image must be downloaded individually. We currently do not offer batch downloading

There is no limit to the number of photos you can download, but each image must be downloaded individually. We currently do not offer batch downloading.

Resolution available:

Pictures on the DVD are full-resolution

Pictures are print-quality but not full-resolution. Downloads are a 1600x1200 copy, which is sufficient for printing up to and including 8x10.

Pictures are print-quality but not full-resolution. Downloads are a 1600x1200 copy, which is sufficient for printing up to and including 8x10.

How long does it take:

Generally ships within two days of order, then time in transit depends on the shipping method

Immediate

Immediate

Cost:

Based on number of pictures, starting at $9.99+ shipping and handling

No cost; requires a free Shutterfly account, and the pictures must be on a free Shutterfly Share Site.

No cost; requires a free Shutterfly account, and the pictures must be in the account already.

How to get it:

• Available in the Shutterfly Store (Store --> More Products --> See all products --> Archive DVD)
      • Or use this direct link: Archive DVD

See instructions below.

See instructions here

To download an image from a Shutterfly Share Site:

1. View a picture on a Shutterfly Share Site; click the thumbnail to view the full-size image.
      2. Mouseover the full-size image to see a drop-down menu, shown below.
      3. Click the "Download picture" option in the drop-down menu. You will be prompted to sign in to your Shutterfly account if you are not already. A 1600x1200 copy of the picture will be downloaded to your computer.

graphic showing location of menu  

detail of graphic

=================================================================================================

Good luck.

HenryB (A Shutterfly user)

• Bridget Chase

Thank you.  Your response was very helpful. It took a number of tries but I got the photo onto the Caringbridge website.  Yes it was challenging because I did not have the original.  I was able to get the copy in the shared part of Shutterfly. 

• Jurusha Lawson

I have been trying to e-mail some of my Kodak Gallery pictures and they will not go so maybe this is the answer I have been looking for. Would this also

work to put on flash drives? I am so glad though that my pictures have been  stored with you because my computer crashed few months ago. How do I retreve them and put them back into my Kodak Easy Share Program? Let me hear from you...thanks