Share Sites

Need help? You've come to the right place!

This is a public Forum  public

Topic

Linda Carlson
    Can members add albums to a share site?
    Topic posted April 15, 2011 by Linda CarlsonNovice , last edited February 9, 2012
    251 Views, 3 Comments
    Title:
    Can members add albums to a share site?
    Summary:
    Several people went on the same vacation, can they add their albums to the site?
    Content:
    <p>12 of us recently went on a vacation and we wanted to be able to see each others photos in one spot. So... I created a website on Shutterfly in order to do that. I am now the owner of that site and I created albums for my pictures based on each day of our vacation.&nbsp; My sister would like to create her own album on the website and put her pictures in that rather than adding her pictures to my daily albums. We can't figure out how she can do that. Should I make everyone an owner so that they can create albums?</p>

Comment

• HenryB

The following is from the Share Site FAQs:

How do I let others add pictures/content to my Share site?

1) Log in to your Share site.

2) Select the "Customize" menu at the top right of your site.

3) Select "Edit site permissions".

4) On the "General" tab, make sure the "Contribute" option is checked for the user role that you want to be able to add pictures/contents to your site.

5) Click "Save".

• Linda Carlson

That is what we have. She can add pictures to my existing albums but she wants to be able to "add album" which doesn't seem to be an option for members.  What is we check edit or customize as well?

• HenryB

Contribute rights are all that is needed. It sounds to me as if your sister is not doing it correctly. If she opens the album you created, then she will only be be able to add pictures. However, if she is looking at the picture section, she should see an "Add albums" link to the far right of the section name and at the bottom of the section. It's easier to see this if you have the section set to the "Album Thumbnail" view. Additionally, if she is logged into the site when you change the permissions, she might have to refresh the browser to see the changes. Finally, if you want to know what any permissions do, mouse over the column header.

Here are some screen shots taken when logged in as a member to one of my test sites: