Share Sites

Need help? You've come to the right place!

This is a public Forum  public

Topic

Dan Young
    Cannot add photos to Shared Site
    Topic posted October 20, 2012 by Dan YoungNovice 
    1198 Views, 22 Comments
    Title:
    Cannot add photos to Shared Site
    Summary:
    Have tried to add various photos on established shared site ... nothing works.
    Content:
    <p>
    Created a Shared Site ... things were going great.&nbsp; All of a sudden today, the site loads very slowly and I cannot add photos to any of the pages that have been created.</p>
    <p>
    Each time I try to add a photo I get an Error msg. saying there was a problem?</p>
    <p>
    Most recent changes to the site (yesterday), added a section for Event Dates and populated my Collage page with photos.</p>

Comment

• Dan Young

The problems seem to have magically been resolved ... seriously, I have no idea, but things are working again.

• Karen Rainier

Mine is doing the same, I can't get it to do anything!

• TAPAN BHATT

Hi Karen,

As said by Dan in his above post that problem was solved automatically. So I believe it might be temporary browser issue that must be causing you the problem. I will suggest you to follow the basic troubleshotting steps and see if that works.

Step1: Clear your browser cache and cookies  and close all the Internet browser and open a new browser and then try to add pictures to share site.

Step2: Change browser.

You can try this and I hope it workssmiley
      • Karen Rainier

Thanks!  Unfortunately after a week of trying it everyday, I finally gave up and used mixbook.com

Works well and very easy.

Cheers!

• Michael Norris

I am having an uploading difficulty.  Everything is working fine except for one specific jpeg that will not upload from any computer.  Can anyone give a tip as to why this is happening?  The photo has not mature content, and it is not larger than other jpegs I've added.

• Roger (Worthy)

What is the error message?

There is a 10MB limit for individual photos which seems to stop a little early, maybe at 9 MB.

If your image is close to 10MB maybe you should reduce it's size a little. Say by 10%.

Can you attach it to a post on this forum?

Roger A Shutterfly User

• Michael Norris

It's not giving me an error message.  It acts like it uploades the picture without a problem, but the picture never shows up.

• Roger (Worthy)

Have you tried reducing it's size? How big is it?

Send it to me at rwor at yahoo.com.au if you don't want it posted on the forum.

Otherwise contact Shutterfly Customer Support:

Hours of operation are:
      Monday - Friday, 6:00am - 9:00pm (PST)
      Saturday - Sunday, 8:00am - 6:00pm (PST)
      Contact us by Email, Chat with Live Help
      or call us at: 888.225.7159

Roger A Shutterfly User.

• Tracy Nishizu

Have set up a shared site for our basketball team to post photos. The players have been added as members, they have the password, but none of them can upload photos. What am I doing wrong?

• Roger (Worthy)

You need to check that the permissions for your photo sections are set correctly.

Options > Edit Section > Permissions

Make sure that you have contribute set for member if they really are members. Otherwise set it for visitors also.

If they are members then their names should be on the Member List. .

Members > Show Member List

Roger A Shutterfly User.

• Tracy Nishizu

I double checked the permissions, and contribute is checked for members. Do they need to have their own Shutterfly account or do they sign in with their member email address & assigned password? Am new to this & really confused. Thank you!

• Roger (Worthy)

Hi Tracey,

Did you check the Member List like I suggested?  Were your members there? The answer to that will help determine the solution to your question.

In general however, it's best to have your prospective members Join Shutterfly and then ask to join your Share site.

This means that your site can be viewable to the public but only members (players in your case) can add to the site.

Roger A Shutterfly User

• Rosita Parker

I created a share site added pictures and sent to users.  Then I started customizing the site, and was going to reorganize the pictures. So I removed them.  Once I did that I have not been able to add pictures.  Deleted the site and tried a new one. Cleared cache, rebooted. No change. Tried with IE, Chrome, Firefox. I  reported to Shutterfly, ben a week and no response.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks.

• Roger (Worthy)

Hi Rosita,

Are you adding the photos to an album on your Share Site using the edit > add pictures method?

If so what happens when you do it.?

Can you see your photos in My Shutterfly or did you delete them from there? If you did you'll have to re-upload them.

Tell us more and someone might be able to assist you. Also tell us about your computer and browser.

Roger. A Shutterfly User.

• Rosita Parker

Roger:

I am trying to add a picture from an album on Shutterfly.  No issues seeing my pictures, just with adding to share site. I tried different pictures for different My Shutterfly albums, always the same message even with just one picture. Tried creating a new album on share site and adding to existing (empty) one. I go to the share site select the Pictures & Videos tab and click Add Picture.

I am using Windows 7 . Tried with IE, Chrome, Firefox.

Unable to add all pictures.
        An error occurred while adding the list of picture. Please try again.

• Roger (Worthy)

Hi Rosita,

It's working fine for me so my guess is that you have something incorrect or out of date on your computer.

I've even set up a new site to see if that was the problem. It worked fine for me.

Please try the following:

Let me know how you go please.

The next step might be to try it on someone else's computer.

• Rosita Parker

Roger:

I have the latest version of Adobe Flash and rebooted again just in case, same issue.

Thanks.

Rosita

• Roger (Worthy)

Hi Rosita,

Do you have access to another computer? A friend's or relative's system maybe?

This might determine once and for all if the problem is being caused by a setting on your computer.

As a final check, just go over the correct  process again:

• On your Photos & Video page you are selecting the edit drop down next to the album title.
      • Then you are selecting add pictures.
      • Under the Shutterfly tab you are selecting an album and then a picture to be shared.
      • You then select Add to Site
      • Then you select SAVE and the photo appears in the original album on the Share Site page.

Please confirm that you have tried each step and that the error message occurs after selecting Add to Site.

Currently, there seems to be one other person on this forum with a similar problem. There are over 75 million Shutterfly accounts.

Maybe, if there is no improvment, another email to Customer Support is the best path. http://shutterfly-2.custhelp.com/app/ask . Be patient as they will have to go through a similar series of steps as we have been through.

• Rosita Parker

Okay, tried on another computer and same result.  

I decided I would go back and follow the steps and write them out exactly and stumbled on what the issue is. Apparently you can only share picture that in the "My Albums" folder. SInce I have so many pictures, I had begun creating my own folders and adding albums under them.  Any pictures in the albums in those folders apparently cannot be shared. 

DOes not make sense to me that only My Aybums can be shared. Unless perhaps you know a setting on a folder so  those albums can be shared?

Thanks for all your help. Hopefully, this will be useful for someone else who encounters this issue.