Photo Books

Need help with your book? You've come to the right place!

This is a public Forum  public

Krista Harrison
    photo stuck uploading - photobook won't save!
    Topic posted May 24, 2012 by Krista HarrisonNovice, last edited May 24, 2012 
    2067 Views, 22 Comments
    photo stuck uploading - photobook won't save!
    <p>In my Photobook under the Pictures tab, it says there is 1 files remaining for upload, and 0.00.00 remaining. It's been stuck like this for over a day now. I wanted to save and close my Photobook but it tells me that it will only save once the file is uploaded. I've been scared to close my browser, so it is just sitting like this. There are about 10 pages that I need to save! Please help!</p>
    <p>Is there a way to cancel the photo upload? I can't figure it out.</p>

• Shannon

Hi Krista,

Hang tight - I'll see what I can do!

• Shannon

Hi Krista,

We'll need you to give us a call! Please call (888) 225-7159 and ask to speak to someone in the corporate office about exporting you XML for your photo book. Please call M-F between 6 am and 5 pm PST.

• Connie Jolin

I am having the same problem!  I have been waiting 2 hours!

I do not want to lose what has taken hours to put together!

• Michelle Bucholtz

The same is happening to me!  UGGHH!

• Chris Schaeffer

Same here. Super agrivating. I think the server needs to be refreshed.

• monica dillenbeck

Same is happening to me and wait time for CS is 18 minutes. Is there anything that can be done to stop the upload?

• Janice Hill

No new answer; but I have been hung up for over 15 hours.  I need HELP!

• patti allen

does anyone know what to do when the upload freezes?  I thin all my photos are upload but can get the book to the cart?????

• Barbara Mijangos

Same Here.  I have exactly the same problem, but I donĀ“t live in the USA.  What should I do?

• Roger, (A Shutterfly User)

You can go to the link below to contact the Shutterfly customer care team and they will be happy to assist you with this matter. 

• Katie Kilgore

I had this same issue twice yesterday.  I lost my whole book both times.  Customer support suggested uploading my photos to Shutterfly first then beginning my project and importing the photos from Shutterfly. While this didn't help save my previous work, it prevent my book from freezing the 3rd time.  

• Abel Kan

So apparently more than a year later, Shutterfly is still experiencing the same problem.  I've been on hold on the phone for over 35 minutes, with no help in sight.

Does anyone know if there is a resolution?  Or should I just start over to get over this aggrevation?  I really don't think I'll use / recommend their service again...

• Isabel Harvey

I have the same issue. 27 pictures remain stuck. I spent hours doing this project. The waiting time for phone customer service is 64 minutes! Anybody found an answer or solution?

I don't read anything satisfactory. Please help me.

• Chelsea Johnson

Same here! Its almost been 24 hours with no movement....I emailed them with no response back 

• Abel Kan

The sure-fire solution is to not close the browser, but start over the project in another browser.  This way, at least you'll just re-do what you did before, and you can still see the formatting from the initial project.

When I got a hold of Shutterfly rep on the phone, he was saying that there might be a way to save the project's "coding", but it's iffy.  I didn't feel like spending even more time to get more disappointment (I was on hold for almost an hour), so I declined that option.

The best advice he gave me was to upload all the photos before starting the project - the issues that we're experiencing seems to come from somehow uploading the photo file in the middle or after we finish the photo book formatting.  I tried that method, and sure enough, no problem this time.

I know this is not the solution everyone's looking for, but oh well, live and learn.