Share Sites

Need help? You've come to the right place!

This is a public Forum  public

Topic

John Stevenson
    Trouble with Widgets???
    Topic posted July 19, 2013 by John StevensonSenior Member 
    319 Views, 6 Comments
    Title:
    Trouble with Widgets???
    Summary:
    Anyone else having trouble with widgets??
    Content:
    <p>
    I have a countdown clock and a music widget on my site, and neither are working....I remember once before Shutterfly having trouble with widgets....Is that happening again???</p>

Comment

• Roger (Worthy)

Hi John,

There some dreadful things happening on our Share sites at the moment.

I'm reluctant therefore to give any advice until I can see things settle down a bit.

However if you see a message about displaying only secure items you should tell it to display what it thinks are insecure items (All Content) . That might circumvent the Widget issue.

But there are other issues which are disturbing and complex happening also.

The best advice I can give is to come back in later and try again, and again a bit later if its not fixed.

Good Luck

Roger A Shutterfly User.

• John Stevenson

Thanks for your input Roger.....When you're a daily Shutterfly user, and stuff like this happens, it's a bit unsettling......Hopefully Shutterfly will get this all worked out, and soon!!!   John Stevenson

• Roger (Worthy)

Hi John,

I have reported the Widget and Slide Show problems to Shutterfly as things didn't improve from Sunday.

Roger

• Shannon

And I reported it to our Share site engineers! Will let you know when I have an update.

• John Stevenson

Thanks Shannon and Roger...I'll be so glad when they get it fixed ...589 days ago I put a countdown clock for our big sibling reunion, which now only 39 days away. It's been a lot of fun watching it whittle down, and now that it's so close, we can't see it anymore....My share site  has many

pages, and I have different music widgets on 4 or 5 of them that I change regularly.....so much fun is lost right now...

I sure appreciate all your help on this matter, and am looking forward to this being resolved....I remember a few years back when Shutterfly had  widget troubles.....(I was glad when it was resolved then too)

When I reported it to Shutterfly, I got the "How to install a widget " routine...When I assured them I knew how to do that, they ask for the widget codes....I sent them a couple, but I haven't heard back yet......

• John Stevenson

Widget Update!!!!!!!

I now have the widgets back on IE and Firefox, but not Chrome...hmmmm...I wonder why not Chrome  (probably because that 's the browser I like the most)

I'm glad to have them back any way I can....Hope they will figure out how to make it happen on Chrome soon.........