Share Sites

Need help? You've come to the right place!

This is a public Forum  public

Topic

John Lynn
    Is there a limit to the amount of photos I can have?
    Topic posted February 24, 2012 by John LynnNovice, last edited February 25, 2012 
    2480 Views, 2 Comments
    Title:
    Is there a limit to the amount of photos I can have?
    Summary:
    Is there is limit to the amount of photos I can post?
    Content:
    <p>I can't find anywhere if there is a limit to the amount of photos I can have on my site.&nbsp; Can someone fill me in on what it is?</p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>Thanks,</p>
    <p>John</p>

Comment

• HenryB

Hi John,

The simple answer is "No limits". If you search the Shutterfly Help Pages for "limits", you will find the following article:

Shutterfly Image Storage / Limits

Published 10/03/2005 10:34 AM   |    Updated 08/08/2011 03:39 PM

How much can I store on Shutterfly? Does it cost money? Does Shutterfly ever purge images? What size/quantity of images can I store at Shutterfly?

For personal accounts, Shutterfly offers free, unlimited storage and sharing of images:

• Upload and securely store as many pictures as you wish
      • There is no fee to upload or store pictures, maintain an account, or share pictures online with others. Pay only for prints or products you order.
      • We don't purge or delete images-- all pictures will be kept in your account until you delete them yourself.
      • No maximum file size limit (although we do encourage you to keep image file sizes to under 10 megapixels, as there is no added benefit to printing with larger).

Shutterfly also offers free online Share Sites:

• Shutterfly Share Sites are online destinations designed to allow you to connect, communicate, and share photos and memories with others through your own customizable photo website.
      • There is no fee to add pictures or content to a Share Site, share photos, or otherwise use share site. The only cost is the cost of prints or products, if you or someone else wishes to order them.
      • Share sites are included in your free account. Just sign in to your account and click the "Share" tab at the top of the page.

If you wish to sell prints online, naming your own price, try our Pro Galleries:

• With a Pro Gallery, you can sell prints online, naming your own price-- with discounted printing provided by Shutterfly.
      • For Pro Galleries, we offer hosted storage for an annual fee.
        • Storage levels start at 5 GB for the Pro plan and unlimited storage for the Premier plan.
        • Storage limit is based upon the files posted to your galleries at a single time.
      • For more information, please see our Pro Galleries page at: http://www.shutterfly.com/progallery

Please note that Shutterfly reserves the right to modify these policies if necessary.

====================================================================================

HenryB (A Shutterfly user)

• John Lynn

Thanks, I didn't know the magic word to search for.

John