Share Sites

Need help? You've come to the right place!

This is a public Forum  public

Topic

Elaine Grice
    Add event to calendar?
    Topic posted November 18, 2011 by Elaine GriceNovice, last edited February 9, 2012 
    756 Views, 6 Comments
    Title:
    Add event to calendar?
    Summary:
    I need to add an event to team calendar but double clicking on date doesn't work.
    Content:
    <p>I have tried double clicking on the date to add an event and nothing happens. &nbsp;I am using Chrome (if that makes a difference). Also tried Firefox and the shared page was a complete mess with coding and such. &nbsp;Any ideas as to how I can add an event? Do I need to be using Microsoft Explorer?</p>
    <p>Thanks</p>
    <p>Elaine</p>

Comment

• Lori Q.

Hello Elaine,

I was making a wall calender last night and I encoured the same problem. Then I saw on the left on the top of the style types is a littel tab that says manage all my events. You click there and you can add you custom dates.

Have fun making your callender.

Lori (A shutterfly user)

• HenryB

Hi Elaine,

You should only have to click on the date to add an event. Additionally, you should see an "Add Event" link above the calendar and there should be an "Add Event" option in the the calendar's "Options" menu as shown here:

If you don't see this, then make sure you are logged in with your proper owner's ID if you are the site owner. If you are a site  member, please contact the site owner because you need "Contribute" rights in order to add events to the calendar.

It shouldn't matter what browser you are using. The screen shot above was made using Chrome.

Finally, if you see what looks like code, it means the page didn't load correctly. This is usually caused by a network error and refreshing the browser will usually correct it on a reload. However, I have noticed that I sometimes have to close the tab (or browser) to get the reload to function with Firefox.

HenryB (A Shutterfly user)

• Elaine Grice

Henry and Lori:

Thank you for the reply. I have attached a screen shot so that you can see that I do NOT have the +Event icon at the top of the calendar next to Print View icon. I work on a Mac and thought that might be the problem so I double checked on a PC laptop and the same thing.  I am not getting the icon. I am the Owner of the Shared Site so I should be able to contribute.

Also Lori mentioned Style Types on Left Hand side (don't see that either).  This seems so easy and it was easy to set up but now am getting frustrated with the whole thing.  

I appreciate your help on this...

Elaine

• Lori Q.

Hello again,

I'm so sorry you are still having this problem. Thank you for the screen shot it helped me a lot. Unfortunately,  I thought you were working on a wall calender not a share site calender. I'm so sorry for not realizing this.

I have no idea about the share sites. I am new to them and I'm still trying to figure it all out. But if you follow the link bellow I know they will be able to help you. I'm so sorry I could not be of further help. Henry may know about the Shared Sites and be able to help you further also.

Have a great night, Lori

http://shutterfly-2.custhelp.com/app/ask

• Roger (Worthy)

Hi Elaine,

From your screen shot I gather that you are not signed in as the owner of this site as we do not see the Customize option next to Members at the top of the page.

Owners have all privileges but members do not.

If you have two or more Shutterfly accounts please sign up with the one you used when you created this site..

Roger A Shutterfly User.

• Elaine Grice

Perfect. I have 2 Shutterfly accounts and was logged into the wrong one.  Thank you so much for helping me figure this out; I appreciate it!

Elaine