One of the stronger features of the Shutterfly system is that it allows Widgets.
· A widget is A small software device or control; a software gadget.
· Widgets allow you to add features to your site which are not part of Shutterfly.
· Widgets are generally free of charge but often have a “Pro” version for which a fee is charged. Free widgets might be funded by advertising.
Examples of a widget are:
· Displaying the local and other times in Shutterfly
· Playing music on a Shutterfly page
· A local or remote weather forecast.
· A visitor IP address identifier or counter.
To find a widget that will do something for you just do a search for say “ Widget weather forecast”
This will give you a list of widgets which do this job.
I also use this site to select widgets: http://www.widgetbox.com/home/
The widget site will give you some code which might look like this:
; name="InsertWidget_57c81e04-d6fa-4534-a356-4619556acae5" width="100px" height="71px" quality="high" menu="false" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" align="middle" allowscriptaccess="never" flashvars="r=2&appId=57c81e04-d6fa-4534-a356-4619556acae5" allownetworking="internal" />
You will need to copy and paste that code into your widget space generated below.
Try them and select the best one for you.
To insert a widget in Shutterfly you will have to set up a new section on one of your Shutterfly pages and select More > Widget.
Then you simply paste in the HTML code which the widget has generated for you. And save the code.
Please add your experiences with Widgets to this thread.