Share Sites

Need help? You've come to the right place!

This is a public Forum  public

Topic

Carrin Johnson
    Change URL name
    Topic posted June 26, 2009 by Carrin JohnsonNovice , last edited February 9, 2012
    2280 Views, 13 Comments
    Content:
    Is there a way to change the URL of my website while keeping all the content of the website?  I don't want a new website - I just want to change the URL of my site.  Suggestions?

Comment

• Anonymous

Hi CarrinJ,

Unfortunately, once you choose your url, it becomes permanent and cannot be changed. What you CAN do is create a new site with your desired url and copy the pages from your old site to your new one. To copy pages, go to the "Customize" menu in the upper right-hand corner of your pages, and choose the "Copy page" option. Hope that helps.

Rachel B.

Shutterfly Community Manager

• Tammy Meade
      I think this is a great feature, sometimes we get the urge to change names but not do all that work over, great idea Shutterfly!
    • Joey
      Or another thing I did because I didn't give much thought into my URL name, but what I did is I changed my site name. So instead of it being Joeys Site - it's now Joey's Memories. But my site address is the same.  You can change this by clicking 'settings' at the top then select 'edit site information'.
    • Carm
      That is my problem too. I want to change my URL name.
    • Joey

Sorry Carm, this can't be done, unless you want to start a new site and copy everything over from previous site. I think Rachel suggested something like that above.

Joey

• Dale Jakins

Oh my gosh Shutterfly!!! This is so stupid that we can't change the URL.  I was setting up a sharesite for my soccer team and had ToBeDetermined as the name, thinking I could change the URL name later on, you really need to add this feature.  I wanted the team to decide on a name, but wanted to have a site up and running and ready to go, you really need to change this feature. 

• Roger (Worthy)

You can change the URL.

Set up another site with the right name and copy the pages from your existing site to the new one.

I should take no more than 5 minutes provided that Shutterfly have fixed the COPY/MOVE Page bug we reported last week.

Don't do this until Shannon tells us that the bug is fixed.

Roger. A Shutterfly User.

• Dale Jakins

Roger, thanks -- how do you copy pages?  Is that fairly straight forward and will it copy all the data stored on the pages as well such as contact info, pictures, etc?

• Roger (Worthy)

To copy a page from a Source Site to A Target Site:

From the Source Page:  Customize > Copy Page and select the Target site and Page.

Don't forget the bug I mentioned in the earlier post. Shannon will tell us on Monday

Roger. A Shutterfly User.

• Dale Jakins

This did not work, by the way, I did exactly this, but it did not copy all the data on the page, i.e. Roster information I had entered, etc. Just thought you should know.  Thanks. 

• Shannon

Yes, copy page should work for all sites now. (Just tested it on my own site).

• Ellie Smith

This worked great for me - thanks for the tip.

It took seconds to copy and name the new page correctly (example:  I set up a collage page and left the URL as /collage but it should have been /aboutus)  I deleted the old page (/collage) and re-ordered the pages again.  2 minutes and it's all done.

Shutterfly rocks!  Cool