Photo Books

Need help with your book? You've come to the right place!

This is a public Forum  public

Topic

Bob Perez
    Photo book won't 'save'
    Topic posted September 22, 2011 by Bob PerezNovice , last edited February 9, 2012
    1344 Views, 7 Comments
    Title:
    Photo book won't 'save'
    Summary:
    Photo book won't save to my account.
    Content:
    <p>Why won't a photo book sent to me via Shutterfly 'save' to my Shutterfly account?&nbsp; I have tried for 2 days with no luck.&nbsp; The page turns hazy and nothing happens.&nbsp; Yes, I have 'singed in' to my account.</p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>Trying to 'save' <a href="http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AbN2TJm2aOWLERg&amp;emid=sharepbviewer&amp;linkid=link5&amp;cid=EM_sharpbview" target="_blank">http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AbN2TJm2aOWLERg</a></p>

Answer

• HenryB

Hi Bob,

I suspect your browser because I was able to save the book to my account. Thus, I suggest you restart your browser and/or try a different browser. I'm using Firefox 6.02. However, I was also able to save it with IE 9 and Google Chrome 14.

If you still have issues after restarting your browser, please try the following:

• Clear the browser's cache
      • Run a virus scan
      • Reboot your computer
      • Power cycle your router leaving if off for at least 15 seconds.

Let us know if anything clears the issue so we can all learn.

HenryB (A shutterfly user)

• Bob Perez

I've tried all suggestions made so far with no success.  It hazes up but it goes no further.  I've have never gotten the message 'Save complete'.  It is frustrating because in the past I have successfully done this procedure.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

• Shannon

Hi Bob,

It sounds like you're not seeing this pop-up asking you to save the book. I was able to save the book to my account. You can see in my screenshot how the background is "hazy".

Try clearing your cache. Our help article can walk you through doing so. http://shutterfly-2.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/985

• Bob Perez

I've tried all suggestions made so far with no success.  It hazes up but it goes no further.  I've have never gotten the message 'Save complete'.  It is frustrating because in the past I have successfully done this procedure.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

• HenryB

Hi Bob,

Have you check your "My Projects" page to see if the book has been saved without a "Save complete " message?

The only other suggestions I can make are to:

• try saving the book from a different computer/network. 
      • have them share the book with you with a second email.
      • have them put the book in a photo book section of a share site where you should be able to get it
      • contact  Shutterfly's Customer Service

HenryB (A Shutterfly user)

• Shannon

If all else fails, please give Customer Service a call so we can walk you through troubleshooting this issue.

Phone: 888.225.7159
      Monday - Friday, 6am - 5pm Pacific Time
      Saturday - Sunday, 8:30am - 5pm Pacific Time

• Roger (Worthy)

Occasionally the pop up box appears behind the main page.   Minimise each page one by one and see if the pop up box appears.

Also make sure that your browser allows pop up boxes.

Roger. A Shutterfly User.